Pages

Thursday 27 October 2016

[AU Fanfic] Rondo alla Turca

Disclaimer:
Okiya Subaru is a fictional character of a fictional character,
based on a manga by Gosho Aoyama: Meitantei Konan/ Detective Conan/ Case Closed.
.
.
.
In this alternate universe:
Okiya Subaru is not a disguise persona of Akai Shuuichi, and not affiliated with the FBI.
He is just an engineer, and currently being a Ph.D student at Touto University.
.
.
.
(warning: some grammatical error might be present)
.
.
.
RONDO ALLA TURCA
 
The brown haired man walked towards a classic café. It has been a long time since he visited an old friend, the owner of the café. A warm smile welcomed him when they already met, followed by a friendly handshake.
"Long time no see, Subaru."

Okiya Subaru wasn't bother to hide his smile. His eyes, behind these glasses, scanned the café interior. The room, the customer, and a music spot at the corner.. he miss it so badly.
"Nothing has changed since the last time I came here." he smirked. "You called me all the way here, I was expecting for some surprises, man."
 
"You jerk, is that a proper way to greet your former employer?" the owner grinned, before he continued in a low voice --almost like a whisper. "I tried to suit with the latest market trends you know. But.. in the end, I want to maintain the classic atmosphere here. No worries, I still have my frequent old customers. One of the lady said that she will bring her colleagues tonight. I should give excellent service to those colleagues so they will come again~"

"Mm-hm." Such a very short response after that long explanation.
"....."
"What?"
"Nope. I need to welcome my guests. So you better serve yourself."
"Hey, hey.. I am your guest, now." he teased his friend.
"Nah. I have mooore important guest." his friend gave a remark before left him.

Subaru strolled around the cafe, before he sneaked to the music corner. He gave a friendly gesture to the pianist lady, another old friend of him. She responded with a friendly nod and continued to play the piano. He moved further to the back, so the audience wouldn't notice him. Then, he happened to see the accordion on the back shelf. At that moment, he knew he couldn't keep his feeling any longer. He took the accordion into his lap, and began to clean the dust.

It was nearly the closing time when he moved back near the pianist, whom had just finished her last song. There were only a few customer left. He brought the accordion with him.
"Okiya-san, are you going to play it again?" she asked him, with a surprised tone.
 
He fell silent for a moment, then gave such a meaningful smile as an answer. However, the smile faded when he saw an old man walked toward him. He knows for sure that the old man isn't a frequent customer; the man must be one of 'these colleagues' that supposed to come that night.
 
"Okiya-san?" that old man asked him. He knows that voice very well.
"S-sensei?" he stunned, before he could gave his sensei a deep bow.
"Is that right, Okiya-san?"
"Eh?" Subaru raised his head.
"The thing that I just heard: you are going to play the accordion again. Is that correct?"
"N-no, sensei.. I-I think you misunderstood something."
"Really?" his sensei asked in an uncertain tone. "I don't want my brightest student becomes a liar."
 
It hurt him so much when he lost a trust from a person whom he respect so much. He adore his sensei, not only in term of knowledge and field expertise. His sensei is a typical Japanese professor: has high demand and expectation on the students, but values their work to  the point that the said sensei is willing to defend them (if their work is being criticized). For Okiya Subaru who had lost his own father years ago, his sensei is like a fatherly figure.
 
"Excuse me, sir. Looks like you are well acquainted with my former accordion player." the café owner came and broke the silence. "But tonight I invited him as an old friend." the owner smiled.
The sensei stared at Subaru. "Is that true?"
"Yes, sir. Never once I thought to broke my promise to you." he answered honestly.
"Hm." his sensei muttered. "Subaru-kun, I never mean to be that harsh to you. I asked you to retire from your part time job since it requires you to play the accordion daily. But, I never asked you to stop playing it completely." the way his sensei addressed him, was enough to prove that he regain back the trust.
 
"For example.. if the owner doesn't mind, could you play a song for me? Before the closing time?" his sensei gazed at the owner and him, respectively.
"Sure, I don't mind." the owner gave permission.
"Eh? But, I haven't tested if it sounds properly or not. And I haven't played it for months.. oh no, what song should I play?"
"Any song would be fine." his sensei said in a calm tone, sweep away his worries.
 
After a moment of sound checking, Okiya Subaru played the accordion in front of his sensei and the remaining guest. He didn't have any song in mind, so there wasn't any particular meaning in the song that he finally choose. A song that also became the closing performance before the café was closed.


.
.
.
END
.
.
.
Author's note:
Me too.. I respect my supervisor not only in terms of his knowledge and field expertise, but also his fatherly figure.
By the way, this story was inspired by a true story.. when I accidentally met my supervisor at Warunk Upnormal. Yes, out of all places. XD

No comments:

Post a Comment